A headboard is one of the simplest and most impactful ways to add a personal touch to your bedroom. This crowning addition easily attaches either to a metal bedframe or the wall, and can define the style of the whole space. While it may seem like such an effortless accessory might not come in a wide variety of options, there are actually plenty of designs to choose from. Check out these popular types of headboards to find the one that works best for you and your space!
• Simple headboards are a great addition that can offer a clean and uncluttered appearance with a straightforward solid design and a cleanly painted or finished surface. These will often include subtle design features such as slightly inset panels or molding lining the edges to give them a finished look.
• Upholstered headboards are arguably the most comfortable option, featuring padding or batting under any of a wide variety of styles and patterns of fabric. Some even feature extra detailing such as nail head edges or buttons to create the coveted tufted headboard style.
• Slatted headboards offer a substantial appearance that doesn’t feel overly weighty. They come mostly in wood and metal designs and generally feature vertical slats, but can also be horizontal.
• Storage headboards are deeper additions that include integrated storage areas such as shelving or drawers. These can be helpful if your space is short on storage, or if you have a lot of things that you like to keep within arm’s reach of bed. They can also provide a great place to set lighting, where it can easily be turned on or off without even having to reach over to a nightstand.
• Wingback headboards are flanked by dramatic panels on both sides of the bed, giving them a particularly sophisticated and classic appearance. Wingback headboards are almost always upholstered and often feature elegant tufting details.